These are the questions which I will be asking the Ministers during the Parliament sitting on 9 January 2012.
1. To ask the Minister for Transport (a) whether LTA has to date exercised its power to impose conditions relating to the appointment, re-appointment or removal of MRT operators’ CEO, chairman or any of its directors; and (b) what criteria does the LTA use to decide when to impose such conditions.
2. To ask the Minister for Transport (a) whether other options were studied by the Ministry before it decided to build the North-South Expressway (NSE); (b) if so, what were the options and what were the reasons for building the NSE instead of pursuing these other options; and (c) whether the Government had considered the feasibility of adding a second level to the existing Central Expressway instead of building a new expressway.
3. To ask the Minister for National Development whether any consultation was done with residents and business owners before the decision was taken to acquire the HDB blocks, private properties and shops in the Rochor area (including Rochor Centre) to build the North-South Expressway.
4. To ask the Minister for National Development what is the compensation that the residents of the flats in the Rochor area affected by the upcoming land acquisition will receive if they choose not to relocate to the new flats in Kallang.
5. To ask the Minister for Health what is the average age of public sector doctors leaving for private practice and how this figure compares with that of ten years ago.
Source: Parliament Order Paper